How to Save a Message in an Alternate Format in Microsoft Outlook
You can save an Outlook message as text only, HTML, and more with just a few clicks.
This feature works the same in all modern versions of Microsoft Outlook: 2010, 2013, and 2016.
- While in the message, select the File tab and then select Save As.
- The Save As dialog box opens.
- Select a location to save the file and specify a name of the file in the File name text box.
- From the Save as type drop-down list, select a file type, such as HTML.
- Click Save to save the message file.
Author: Margaux Judge
Margaux Judge has worked as an e-learning editor and instructional designer for over ten years, writing and editing a wide variety of courses, from technical topics to soft skills. She has a Bachelor's degree in English and Textual Studies from Syracuse University and a Master's degree in Television Writing from Boston University.