How to Save a Custom Workspace in Adobe InDesign
The Workspace refers to how the entire InDesign window is configured—the panels on the Panel Dock, the tools that are displayed on the top level of the Toolbar, etc. There are several preset workspaces built into InDesign that are geared for different kinds of projects, such as Digital Publishing. Customized workspaces can also be created by users.
- To select a preset workspace, click the Workspace menu at the upper right of the InDesign window.
- I've chosen Typography to use as the base for the custom workspace I'll be creating. Now I'll bring out some additional panels by going to the Window menu and, in this case, scrolling to Object & Layout and choosing Align.
- The panel opens in the middle of the InDesign window. To anchor it to the Panel Dock at the right, I'll click and hold on the bar at the top of the Align Panel group and drag it underneath the other panels on the dock so that a blue highlight appears. This indicates the panel will be anchored to the dock.
- This new configuration can be saved by going back to the Workspace menu and choosing New Workspace.
- Name the workspace in the next dialog box and click OK.
- The custom workspace now appears in the Workspace menu.