How to Remove Metadata from a Microsoft PowerPoint Presentation
Check your PowerPoint presentation for hidden information, known as metadata, and remove it in just a few simple steps.
This feature works the same in all modern versions of Microsoft PowerPoint: 2010, 2013, and 2016.
- Select the File menu tab, and in Backstage view, select Info if it is not already selected.
- Select Check for Issues and then select Inspect Document.
- If the Document Inspector prompts you to save your document, click Yes.
- In the Document Inspector dialog box, select or deselect options to check, and click Inspect.
- The Document Inspector runs, and returns information about metadata that may be in the presentation, along with options to remove the information, reinspect, and/or close the Document Inspector.
Author: Dave Dunn
Dave Dunn, Webucator’s CEO, joined Webucator in 2009 after serving as a CFO and COO for numerous small and medium-sized companies, including Summit Software Company, Insight Research Group, Avalon Consulting, and HealthcareOne. Dave received his Bachelor of Arts from Hamilton College and his MBA from Syracuse University. He has served as Chairman of the Board of the Montessori School of Syracuse since 2001.