How to Remove Metadata from a Microsoft PowerPoint Presentation
Check your PowerPoint presentation for hidden information, known as metadata, and remove it in just a few simple steps.
This feature works the same in all modern versions of Microsoft PowerPoint: 2010, 2013, and 2016.
- Select the File menu tab, and in Backstage view, select Info if it is not already selected.
- Select Check for Issues and then select Inspect Document.
- If the Document Inspector prompts you to save your document, click Yes.
- In the Document Inspector dialog box, select or deselect options to check, and click Inspect.
- The Document Inspector runs, and returns information about metadata that may be in the presentation, along with options to remove the information, reinspect, and/or close the Document Inspector.