Follow these five steps to record a macro in Excel:
This feature works the same in all modern versions of Microsoft Excel: 2010, 2013, and 2016.
- On the View tab, in the Macros group, click the Macros command.
- Click Record Macro.
- In the Record Macro dialog box:
- Enter a Macro name. Choose a name that clearly identifies the macro. You may not use spaces.
- Enter a Shortcut key. You will be able to run the macro using this shortcut key.
- Choose where to store the macro. You will normally accept the default (This Workbook).
- Enter a Description. Briefly explain what the macro does.
- Click OK.
- After clicking OK, every keystroke is recorded.
- To stop recording, on the View tab, in the Macros group, click the Macros command and then click Stop Recording.