How to Pay Bills in QuickBooks
Once a bill is entered in QuickBooks, it remains in the accounts payable account until it is paid using the Pay Bills feature. To select bills to pay, follow these eight steps.This feature works the same in versions 2011–2016 of QuickBooks.
- On the Home page, in the Vendors panel, click Pay Bills.
- In the Pay Bills dialog box, go to the detail section and select the bills to pay by marking the checkboxes to their left.
- From the Payment Method drop-down list, select "Check".
- Select the To be printed option.
- From the Account drop-down list, select a checking account.
- In the Date field, type or select today's date.
- Click Pay Selected Bills. The Payment Summary dialog box opens.
- Click Done.
When you click Pay Selected Bills, QuickBooks creates a payment using the bank account you selected. The bill is removed from unpaid bills and the accounts payable account is decreased.