How to Narrate a Presentation in PowerPoint on a Mac
Follow these instructions to create a narrated PowerPoint presentation on a Mac.
- Make sure your slides are complete.
- Add your script to each slide in the notes.
- Go to Slide 1.
- On the Transitions tab:
- Uncheck On Mouse Click.
- Check After: (leave number of seconds unchanged)
- Click Apply To All.
- On the Slide Show tab, click Record Slide Show:
- The presentation will start recording right away, but you can start it over for the slide by clicking the rewind icon:
- Record the presentation. If you make a mistake, just click the rewind button for that slide and re-record the narration for that slide. Make sure you get it perfect before moving on as it's a pain to edit later. See How to Edit the PowerPoint Narration for a Single Slide.
- When you're done, click End Show in the upper left.
- Click Yes to indicate that you want to save the slide timings.
- Each slide will now have a speaker icon. Click on each speaker icon and, on the Audio Format tab, select Start > Automatically so that the audio will start automatically when the slide opens.
- To test your slide show, click Play from Start on the Slide Show tab: