How to Narrate a Presentation in PowerPoint 2016
Follow these instructions to create a narrated PowerPoint presentation.
- Make sure your slides are complete.
- Add your script to each slide in the notes.
- Go to Slide 1.
- On the Transitions Tab:
- Uncheck On Mouse Click.
- Check After: (leave numbers unchanged)
- Click Apply To All:
- On the Slide Show tab, click Record Slide Show.
- Leave both options checked on in the message and click Start Recording.
- The presentation will start and you'll see a recording controls pane at the upper left of your screen. Start narrating the presentation. If you make a mistake, click the Repeat button to redo the narration for that slide. Take your time and try to get each slide perfect before moving on. In the long run, that will be quicker than editing. When you're satisfied with the slide's narration, click the Next button to go to the next slide.
- When you're done, press the Esc key on your keyboard to end the show.
- Each slide will now have a speaker icon. Click on each speaker icon and then go to the Audio Tools Playback tab. Select Start > Automatically so that the audio will begin when the slide opens.
- To test your slide show, click either the Start from Beginning button in the Quick Access Toolbar or the From Beginning command in the Slide Show tab.
- If you need to redo the narration on a slide, go to that slide, then click Record Slide Show menu button and choose Start Recording from Current Slide.
- When you've finished the new narration, press the Esc key to end it and the new version will be inserted into the recording.