How to Name a Slide in Adobe Captivate
If you're developing a project with multiple modules, you may choose to give learners the ability to jump to various lessons using buttons, or simply the table of contents. Naming significant slides, such as a lesson start slides, makes that much easier.
- Go to the Filmstrip and click the slide you want to name. Make sure nothing on the slide is selected.
- Go to the top of the Properties Inspector and type the slide name. Make sure to press Enter after typing in the name.
- After pressing Enter, you'll see the name appear under the slide thumbnail on the Filmstrip.
- Add a button (Interactions > Button), then go to the Properties Inspector Action tab. Select Jump to Slide from the On Success menu.
- When you click the Slide menu to choose the jump-to slide, the slide names will be listed, making action assignment much easier.
- Creating the table of contents is also simplified (Project > Table of Contents). Turn on Show TOC and the significant slides are already named.
Author: Kate Cahill
Kate Cahill is a graphic designer, writer, and creative director who has developed content for print and web. As creative director, she has produced award-winning work for agencies focused on the pharmaceutical and health and beauty aid industries. She has also served as production manager, with responsibility for the successful fulfillment of long-run print contracts. Kate has been delivering training for Webucator clients since 2010. Her enthusiasm for cutting-edge technology, combined with hands-on practical experience, brings an added benefit to her classes. Kate teaches real-world techniques and integration of Adobe software, as well as Microsoft PowerPoint, to produce a fully developed and cohesive brand identity.