How to Insert a Video File in a Microsoft PowerPoint Presentation
Adding multimedia to your PowerPoint presentations can make them more engaging and eliminate the need to switch between your presentation and other files. To insert a video file in your presentation, follow these easy steps.
This feature works the same in Microsoft PowerPoint 2013 and 2016.
- Select the slide to add the video file to.
- On the Insert tab, in the Media group, click the Video drop-down arrow (Movie in PowerPoint 2007).
- Select from one of the following options:
- Online Video: Insert a link from a video website such as YouTube.
- Video from My PC: Insert a pre-recorded video file.
These options differ in PowerPoint 2007 and 2010.