How to Insert a Picture on a Microsoft PowerPoint Slide
Images can enhance the visual appeal and effectiveness of your presentations. Learn how to insert and remove pictures from a PowerPoint presentation in the steps below.
This feature works the same in all modern versions of Microsoft PowerPoint: 2010, 2013, and 2016.
To insert a picture on a PowerPoint slide:
- Click in the slide where you want to insert a picture.
- On the Insert tab, in the Images group, click Pictures.
- In the Insert Picture dialog box, navigate to the folder that contains the picture, select it, and click Open.
To remove a picture from a PowerPoint slide:
- Select the image on the slide.
- Ensure that the sizing handles are active.
- Press Delete.
Author: Dave Dunn
Dave Dunn joined Webucator as Chief Operating Officer in early 2009. He has served as a CFO and COO for numerous small and medium-sized companies, including Summit Software Company, Insight Research Group, Avalon Consulting, CampaignBase.com and HealthcareOne. He has expertise in business development, financial management, marketing and human resources and particularly enjoys working with rapidly growing companies.
Dave received his Bachelor of Arts from Hamilton College and his MBA from Syracuse University. He has served as Chairman of the Board of the Montessori School of Syracuse since 2001.