How to Find and Change Text in Adobe InDesign
InDesign's Find/Change function works similarly to the find and replace function in other software. The following six steps show how to find and change text in Adobe InDesign.
- Go to the Edit menu and choose Find/Change.
- In the Text tab of the dialog box, type the text to be changed in the Find what field.
- Enter the new text to be used for replacement in the Change to field.
- Click the Search menu to set the search parameters.
- Click the Find Next button at the right to start the search.
- After the first instance is found, there are three choices:
- Change will change only the current instance and not advance from there. Find Next would need to be clicked again to continue the search.
- Change All changes every instance within the search parameters.
- Change/Find changes the current instance and then finds the next instance.