Credit cards can be used to purchase supplies and inventory or to make bill payments. If a credit card has been set up in your chart of accounts, transactions can be entered to record charges to the credit card account. To record charges to a credit card in QuickBooks, follow these five steps.This feature works the same in versions 2011–2016 of QuickBooks.
- From the menu, select Banking > Enter Credit Card Charges.
- In the Enter Credit Card Charges dialog box, from the Credit Card drop-down list, select the credit card account.
- In the Amount field, type the amount of the charge.
- In the detail section, locate the transaction, and from the Account drop-down list, select the account category for the expense (e.g., Office Supplies).
- Review the entry and then click Save & Close.