How to Customize the Icon Bar in QuickBooks
The icon bar is the area immediately below the menus. It offers quick navigation and access to the most commonly used features in QuickBooks. Start any task by clicking an icon on the icon bar. You can also add or remove icons to customize which icons display on the icon bar.This feature works the same in versions 2011–2016 of QuickBooks.
Adding Icons to the Icon Bar
- Right-click anywhere on the icon bar and select Customize Icon Bar from the context menu.
- In the Customize Icon Bar dialog box, click Add.
- In the Add Icon Bar Item dialog box, select a command from the list box and click OK.
- Back in the Customize Icon Bar dialog box, click OK.
Removing Icons from the Icon Bar
- Right-click on the icon bar and select Customize Icon Bar.
- In the Customize Icon Bar dialog box, select the icon to remove and click Delete.
- Click OK.