How to Customize an Invoice Form in QuickBooks
The following shows how to create a custom invoice in QuickBooks to meet the needs of your business.This feature works the same in versions 2011–2016 of QuickBooks.
- On the Home page, in the Customers section, click Create Invoices.
- In the Create Invoice toolbar, click Customize. The Customize Your QuickBooks Forms window opens.
- Click Customize Data Layout. The Locked Template message box opens.
- Click Make a Copy. The Additional Customization dialog box opens so you can edit a copy of the standard QuickBooks form.
- Select among the Header, Columns, Footer, and Print tabs to access the form settings you want to change.
- On the Header, Columns, and Footer tabs, mark or clear the checkboxes for the fields you want to add or remove.
- Click Basic Customization.
- In the Basic Customization window, select the company information to include on the form.
- Click Manage Templates.
- In the Manage Templates window, in the Template Name field, type a name for the custom report.
- Click OK.
- To manually modify the layout and add images, click Layout Designer.
- In the Layout Designer window, resize fields, add fields, and align fields as necessary.
- To modify the appearance of a field, select it and click Properties.
- To add an image or logo, click Add and select Image.
- In the Select Image window, navigate to and select the image to add to the form.
- Click Open.
- In the Properties window, click OK.
- The image is added to the report form in the Layout Designer window. Select the image and then you can:
- Click the image to move it.
- Use the sizing handles to resize it.
- Click and press Delete to remove it.
- Click OK to close the Layout Designer, click OK to close the Basic Customization window, and click OK to close the Additional Customization window.
To use the form in a new transaction, open the form window (e.g., Create Invoices) and select the form name from the Template drop-down list.