How to Crop an Image in Adobe Captivate
While image editing capabilities are limited, Captivate does provide some basic tools for cropping, flipping, rotating, and adjusting brightness and contrast.
- Select the image, then go to the Properties Inspector and click the Style tab.
- Click Edit Image to open the dialog box.
- Turn on Crop so that a bounding box appears around the image preview to the left.
- Drag the handles of the bounding box on the preview to the desired crop, then click OK.
- Open the Library and note that there are now two listings for the image. When an image is edited in Captivate, a copy is created so the original image is still retained. This can bloat file size. Always remember to check the Library at the end of a project and take advantage of the Select All Unused feature to keep file size to a minimum.
Author: Kate Cahill
Kate Cahill is a graphic designer, writer, and creative director who has developed content for print and web. As creative director, she has produced award-winning work for agencies focused on the pharmaceutical and health and beauty aid industries. She has also served as production manager, with responsibility for the successful fulfillment of long-run print contracts. Kate has been delivering training for Webucator clients since 2010. Her enthusiasm for cutting-edge technology, combined with hands-on practical experience, brings an added benefit to her classes. Kate teaches real-world techniques and integration of Adobe software, as well as Microsoft PowerPoint, to produce a fully developed and cohesive brand identity.