How to Create Wiki Pages in SharePoint 2013
Content often doesn't warrant an official list or library that needs extensive data entered. You may simply want to create a brief text paragraph and insert images, with a view to existing lists. A wiki style page is perfect for that purpose. It is quick and easy to build and stores in a regular library.
- To create a new wiki style page, navigate to Site Contents.
- Click on Site Pages.
- Go to FILES > New Document > Wiki Page.
- Name the page. Remember to follow your organization's naming conventions. Click Create.
- Click on the PAGE tab. This tab has commands for file management, sharing, and permissions.
- Next, go to the FORMAT TEXT tab. Text layout is a great way to rearrange the placement of items on your page. When formatting text, always try to use Styles whenever possible.
- Many items can be inserted by clicking on the INSERT tab. Keep in mind that images or files need to be stored in SharePoint so others may gain access to them.
- Type in content (I have entered 'Welcome' in this example). Select and choose a style, such as Heading 1.
- To save changes made to the page, go to PAGE > Save > Save.
- The page is now displayed.