How to Create a Task List in Outlook from Your Inbox
Follow these steps to add an email message to your task list.
- Locate a message someone sent you and simply drag and drop it into the task folder.
- You will find the task folder at the bottom left of your screen, in the navigation panel below your folders.
- Once you drag the email to the task icon, a new task window will open and the email will be in the body of the task. The subject of the email becomes the subject of the task.
- Now you can identify a due date and a start date (these will appear as reminders if you have the reminder setting on).
- Now save the task. It will be on your task list so you can set the start and end dates, update the status, mark it as complete, etc.
Author: Janie Sullivan
Janie Sullivan, MBA, MAEd, has been teaching adult learners for over 20 years. She has taught online over 15 years, specializing in writing, communications, and small business applications. Janie directs the Center for Writing Excellence where she offers writing, editing, and formatting services for writers. She has been published in several newspapers and magazines as well as multiple online sites. She teaches communication, business strategy, leadership, and management courses. Janie has published a book "Develop and Deliver an Online Class." This is the third book she has written about writing and teaching online. She also has published a novel and an anthology of short stories.