How to Create Sales Receipts in QuickBooks
QuickBooks provides many powerful tools for managing customer payments, including recording sales receipts. To create a sales receipt in QuickBooks, follow these five steps.This feature works the same in versions 2011–2016 of QuickBooks.
- On the Home page, in the Customers panel, click Create Sales Receipts.
- From the Customer:Job drop-down list, select or start typing the customer name.
- Fill out the Sales Receipt form, entering the date, payment method (including check number, if applicable), the items sold, and item details such as description, quantity, and rate.
- Mark the To be printed and/or To be e-mailed checkbox(es) or neither to indicate how the receipt should be distributed to the customer.
- Review the receipt, then click Save & Close.
You can now confirm the sales receipt was recorded correctly by viewing the customer's transaction detail in the Customer Center.