Quick Parts is a feature of Outlook that saves snippets of text or images for quick reuse in future messages. If you find yourself typing the same phrase over and over, for example, creating a Quick Part can help automate your message-writing process. To create a Quick Part for text, follow these six steps.
This feature works the same in all modern versions of Microsoft Outlook: 2010, 2013, and 2016.
- Select the text you would like to save as a Quick Part.
- From the Message Ribbon, select Insert, and then from the Text group, select Quick Parts.
- Select Save Selection to Quick Part Gallery.
- In the Create New Building Block dialog box, name the Quick Part, add a brief description, and click OK.
- Now, when composing a message, to quickly add this text, select the Insert tab, select Quick Parts from the Text group, and select the Quick Part you created.
- It is now inserted in your message.