How to Create a Pivot Table Timeline in Microsoft Excel
The following seven steps show how to create a pivot table timeline for filtering your Excel data by time.
This feature works the same in Microsoft Office 2013 and 2016.
- Click the pivot table.
- From the PivotTable Tools Analyze tab, in the Filter group, select Insert Timeline.
- In the Insert Timeline dialog box, check the check box of the date fields you want in the timeline.
- The timeline is displayed. To filter by date, click the arrow next to the time section and make a selection.
- Drag the scrollbar to see the filtered data.
- To see a specific time period, click and drag the timeline handles.
- Click the Clear Filter button to clear the timeline.