How to Create a New SharePoint 2013 List
In the following five steps, we'll walk through creating a new task list. Please keep in mind to follow your organization's naming convention, as the first name we give a list is the URL name.
- To create a new list, click on Settings > Add an App. All lists and libraries in SharePoint 2013 are considered Apps.
- Available apps you may add will load on the screen. Click on the list app you want to create.
- The list will need a name. Always follow your organization's naming convention, as the first name we give a list is the URL name. As a general rule, avoid spaces and special characters. Type in the name and click Create to finish the process.
- To test the list, click on the new list name under Recent in the Quick Launch area.
- Your list is now ready to populate with content.
Author: Tracy Berry
Tracy has been a senior graphic designer/programmer, instructor, and consultant since 1993 and has developed hundreds of logos, marketing materials, websites, and multimedia solutions for customers worldwide, including involvement in large corporate software rollouts. She has helped many organizations optimize and streamline data solutions. She teaches both onsite and online courses and has her CTT (Certified Technical Trainer) certification. Tracy specializes in teaching graphics, desktop publishing, web design, reporting/productivity applications, as well as the creation of online courses with software from leading vendors.