How to Create a New Folder in Windows 10
It's easy to work with files and folders in Windows 10.
Creating a Folder
- Navigate to the location where you want to place the new folder.
- Right-click and select New.
- Select Folder.
- The folder will be displayed, with the default name "New folder."
- To change the name, type the new name for the folder and then press Enter.
Most of the time, you will want to use a specific program to create a new file. For example, if you want to create a new Word document, you would simply open Word and it would display a new, blank document. Once you create your new file, you need to save it.
Saving a New File
- Select the Save option.
- In the Save As dialog box, type a new file name for your file.
- Click Save.
Author: Margaux Judge
Margaux Judge has worked as an e-learning editor and instructional designer for over ten years, writing and editing a wide variety of courses, from technical topics to soft skills. She has a Bachelor's degree in English and Textual Studies from Syracuse University and a Master's degree in Television Writing from Boston University.