How to Create a Memorized Transfer in QuickBooks
If your business performs weekly or monthly money transfers, save data entry time by creating a memorized transfer in QuickBooks.This feature works the same in versions 2011–2016 of QuickBooks.
- From the menu, select Banking > Transfer Funds. The Transfer Funds Between Accounts dialog box opens.
- Fill out the details for the transfer.
- With the transaction still displayed in the Transfer Funds Between Accounts dialog box, select Edit > Memorize Transfer from the menu.
- In the Memorize Transaction dialog box, name the transaction, specify how you want QuickBooks to handle it, and if applicable, configure the frequency of automatic transactions or the frequency of reminders.
- When you finish, click OK.
- Save or cancel the open transfer transaction.
To create a memorized transaction, you must create a new transaction or open an existing transaction. If the transaction that you want QuickBooks to memorize already exists, open it and ensure it is the transaction currently in view, then use the steps above to memorize it.