In order to create loyal customers, a business first needs to create loyal employees. Satisfied employees who are committed to the company will take good care of the company's customers; unsatisfied employees may not. The following suggestions are some things you, as an employee, can do to create and maintain satisfaction in your job.
- Take responsibility quickly for your errors. Owning up to your mistakes sooner rather than later will actually enhance your relationships with your colleagues because the problem won't have time to escalate. Not taking responsibility just creates additional problems.
- Acknowledge your colleagues. When your colleagues do something that makes your job easier or makes the workplace better, recognize that and let them know you appreciate them. Recognition and praise is an excellent motivator, even among coworkers.
- Continually work toward creating a positive workplace. It is difficult to work in a negative environment, so keep your attitude positive and share that attitude with your colleagues.
- Keep your promises. Trust is a valuable component in a positive, supportive workplace, so do not break that trust by not keeping your promises.
- Encourage your coworkers. Support your coworkers when they need a boost. Help them by encouraging continued education or training if they feel they don't have the skill set to do something. They will respect and appreciate you in turn, making the workplace a more positive environment.
- Understand what motivates or stresses your coworkers. Recognize your coworkers' communication styles and adjust yours to best communicate with them.