How to Create Invoices in QuickBooks
QuickBooks provides many powerful tools for managing customer payments, including creating invoices. To create an invoice in QuickBooks, follow these five steps.This feature works the same in versions 2011–2016 of QuickBooks.
- On the Home page, in the Customers panel, click Create Invoices.
- In the Customer:Job field, select or start typing the customer name.
- Fill out the Invoice form, entering the date, purchase order number (if applicable), the payment terms, the items sold, and item details such as description, quantity, and rate.
- Mark the To be printed and/or To be e-mailed checkbox(es) or neither to indicate how the invoice should be distributed to the customer.
- Review the invoice, then click Save & Close.
Confirm the invoice was recorded correctly by viewing the customer's transaction detail in the Customer Center.