How to Create Custom Views in SharePoint 2013
Create custom views to sort, filter, and make data stored in SharePoint lists and libraries easier to analyze.
- To create a custom view in the current list or library, click on LIST > Create View.
- There are many types of views to choose from. Each one has a special purpose and unique options to configure. In this example, we will click on Standard View.
- Name the view and choose whether it will be the default, then choose Personal View to tie the view to your Login identity or Public View to share it with all who have view rights.
- Choose the columns to show and in which order you would like them to appear left to right.
- Filter will allow you to show only content data that matches the criteria chosen.
- Group By will show content data organized by collapse and expand options based on the columns chosen.
- Fill out any other options as desired and click OK when you are done.
- The new view will be available by choosing LIST > Current View.
Author: Tracy Berry
Tracy has been a senior graphic designer/programmer, instructor, and consultant since 1993 and has developed hundreds of logos, marketing materials, websites, and multimedia solutions for customers worldwide, including involvement in large corporate software rollouts. She has helped many organizations optimize and streamline data solutions. She teaches both onsite and online courses and has her CTT (Certified Technical Trainer) certification. Tracy specializes in teaching graphics, desktop publishing, web design, reporting/productivity applications, as well as the creation of online courses with software from leading vendors.