How to Create a Custom Text Caption Style in Adobe Captivate
Many instructional designers prefer to create custom caption styles. Those custom styles can then be exported and imported into other projects.
- Select a caption, then go to the Properties Inspector Style tab to verify the kind of caption that's being used.
- Change some of the formatting options, such as Caption Type, Font, etc.
- Click the Style Name menu and select Create New Style.
- Name the style in the dialog box.
- To export the style for use in another project, go to Edit > Object Style Manager.
- Select the custom caption in the list of Caption Styles. Click the Export Options menu and turn on Selected style only, if necessary, then click Export.
- Save the file in a known location.Click OK on the export message, then to close the Object Style Manager.
- Open another Captivate project and go to Edit > Object Style Manager. In the dialog box, click the Import button at the bottom.
- Navigate to the style you saved in Step 7 and click Open. You will be asked if you want to overwrite existing styles. Click Yes.
- Click OK to acknowledge the successful import, the click OK again to close the Object Style Manager.
- To change the style of existing captions, select a caption, then click the Style Name list in the Properties Inspector to apply the custom caption style.
- Apply the imported style to all captions by clicking the Style Name menu and choosing Apply this style to.
- In the dialog box that opens, select the caption style you want to change.