How to Create and Configure SharePoint 2013 Libraries
SharePoint libraries are ideal for organizing files for you and your team. The following steps show how to create a library in SharePoint 2013 and configure its settings.
- To create a new library, click on Settings > Add an app.
- Choose Document Library to build a standard library.
- Click Advanced Options in the lower left to fill out full details.
- Name the library. Always follow your organization's naming convention, as the first name we give a list is the URL name. As a general rule, avoid spaces and special characters. Type in a Description to better define use of the library. You may also decide to keep Version History each time a stored file is changed. Finally, choose a Document Template to set the default "new" item. Click Create to build the library.
- The library is now ready.
- To change any of the configuration choices, go to Library > Library Settings.
- By clicking List name, description and navigation or Versioning settings, you may change the behavior of the library.
Author: Tracy Berry
Tracy has been a senior graphic designer/programmer, instructor, and consultant since 1993 and has developed hundreds of logos, marketing materials, websites, and multimedia solutions for customers worldwide, including involvement in large corporate software rollouts. She has helped many organizations optimize and streamline data solutions. She teaches both onsite and online courses and has her CTT (Certified Technical Trainer) certification. Tracy specializes in teaching graphics, desktop publishing, web design, reporting/productivity applications, as well as the creation of online courses with software from leading vendors.