How to Create an Application Schema
You can create an application schema to store your Oracle database tables. In this lesson, I will show you how you can accomplish this task.
To learn how to create an application schema, follow these steps:
- You'll need to download and install Oracle 12c. The instructions for the setup can be found in How to use sample schemas. Follow steps 1 through 6 before proceeding to the next step.
- You'll need to connect as SYS. Type in the following statement and press Enter:
Type in the password for SYS and then press Enter.
- Next you will create a user name as the owner of the application schema. Type in the following SQL statement and press Enter:
The user has an unlimited quota on the
userstablespace. The tables created by this user will be stored on the users tablespace.
- Grant the necessary privileges to the user so that the user can connect to Oracle and create one or more tables:
- Connect as the user. When prompted provide the password:
- Create a simple table:
- Show the tables in your schema:
You have created an application schema that contains one table.