How to Configure Site Navigation in SharePoint 2013
Navigation to and from your sites should be easy for your end-users. It may be customized or pulled from the parent site.
- The image below shows that navigation does not inherit from the parent site.
- To transition the navigation to inherit from the parent site, go to Settings > Site settings.
- Under Look and Feel, choose Top link bar.
- Click on Use Links from Parent.
- A warning box then reminds you that any customized links will be removed and lost. Click OK.
- The navigation is now inheriting from the parent site.
Author: Tracy Berry
Tracy has been a senior graphic designer/programmer, instructor, and consultant since 1993 and has developed hundreds of logos, marketing materials, websites, and multimedia solutions for customers worldwide, including involvement in large corporate software rollouts. She has helped many organizations optimize and streamline data solutions. She teaches both onsite and online courses and has her CTT (Certified Technical Trainer) certification. Tracy specializes in teaching graphics, desktop publishing, web design, reporting/productivity applications, as well as the creation of online courses with software from leading vendors.