How to Assign a Task in Microsoft Outlook
When collaborating on a task, you may want to assign it to colleagues. To assign a task in Outlook, follow these six steps.
This feature works the same in all modern versions of Microsoft Outlook: 2010, 2013, and 2016.
- Create the task.
- On the Tasks Ribbon, on the Task tab, in the Manage Task group, select Assign Task.
- Enter the person's email address in the To field.
- Leave the Keep an updated copy of this task and the Send me a status report when this task is complete check boxes checked to receive updates and a status report when your colleague updates and completes the project.
- Click Send to send the task to your colleague.
- Your colleague can now add the task to his or her task list.
Author: Margaux Judge
Margaux Judge has worked as an e-learning editor and instructional designer for over ten years, writing and editing a wide variety of courses, from technical topics to soft skills. She has a Bachelor's degree in English and Textual Studies from Syracuse University and a Master's degree in Television Writing from Boston University.