How to Apply a Colored Font to Unread Messages in Your Microsoft Outlook Inbox
One of the ways to organize your messages in Outlook is to apply colors to message fonts; you first create color categories and then assign them to messages. You can choose from some default categories, such as unread mail, or set the formatting yourself. To apply a colored font to unread messages, follow these 10 steps.
This feature works the same in all modern versions of Microsoft Outlook: 2010, 2013, and 2016.
- In your Inbox, from the Ribbon, select the View tab.
- In the Current View group, select View Settings.
- In the Advanced View Settings dialog box, select Conditional Formatting.
- In the Conditional Formatting dialog box, select Unread messages.
- Select Font.
- In the Font dialog box, select a color for the email font from the Color drop-down list.
- Click OK.
- In the Conditional Formatting dialog box, click OK.
- In the Advanced View Settings dialog box, click OK.
- Your Inbox will now display unread messages in the font color you selected, making them stand out.