How to Apply Categories in Microsoft Outlook
You can use categories with email messages as a way to organize them. See the five steps below to apply categories in Outlook.
This feature works the same in all modern versions of Microsoft Outlook: 2010, 2013, and 2016.
- Select the message you want to categorize.
- From the Home tab of the Ribbon, in the Tags group, select Categorize.
- Select a category from the drop-down list.
- You have the option to rename the category.
- The message or other item will display the category information.
Author: Margaux Judge
Margaux Judge has worked as an e-learning editor and instructional designer for over ten years, writing and editing a wide variety of courses, from technical topics to soft skills. She has a Bachelor's degree in English and Textual Studies from Syracuse University and a Master's degree in Television Writing from Boston University.