How to Append Text to a Microsoft Word Document
You can easily append text from a different file into a Word document. Just follow these five steps.
This feature works the same in all modern versions of Microsoft Word: 2010, 2013, and 2016.
- Position the cursor in your document where you want to append the text.
- Select the Insert tab, and from the Text group, select Object.
- Select Text from File from the drop-down list.
- Select the file and select Insert.
- The text from the file is inserted in your document.
Author: Dave Dunn
Dave Dunn, Webucator’s CEO, joined Webucator in 2009 after serving as a CFO and COO for numerous small and medium-sized companies, including Summit Software Company, Insight Research Group, Avalon Consulting, and HealthcareOne. Dave received his Bachelor of Arts from Hamilton College and his MBA from Syracuse University. He has served as Chairman of the Board of the Montessori School of Syracuse since 2001.