How to Alter Instances in Adobe Animate
In Adobe Animate, certain changes may be made to instances on the stage that do not affect the main symbol. Properties such as size, rotation, tint, and transparency level can be changed on an instance-by-instance basis.
- To change the size, select an instance on the stage, then go to the Properties panel and expand the Position and Size section, if necessary. To keep the size proportional to the original, click the Lock Width and Height icon at the left, then enter the desired size into either the W or H field.
- To change the transparency, select an instance on the stage, then go to the Properties panel and expand the Color Effect section. Select Alpha from the Style menu.
- Set the Alpha value to the desired transparency level.
- A tint is a reduced value in color saturation that is opaque, as opposed to translucent, like the example above. Tints can also be applied to tone the original color. To change the tint, click the Style menu under Color Effects again and choose Tint.
- Set the Tint value, then use the Red, Green, and Blue fields or sliders to tone the color.
- To rotate an instance, select it and go to the Transform panel (Window > Transform). Set the Rotate field to the desired angle.