How to Adjust Object Timing in Adobe Captivate
Timing is always an important consideration when adding content to a training module created with Captivate. The default timing for captions and media added to a slide is that the object will display for three seconds. In almost every case, you'll want to adjust that.
- Timing can be adjusted using either the Timeline or Timing Inspector. Let's start by going to the bottom-center of the Captivate window and clicking Timeline to open the panel. In this example, I'm showing an image with three SmartShape captions. All four elements, as well as the slide, are set to a default display time of three seconds.
- I want the various elements to enter the slide at two second intervals, so I'll start by going to right edge of the slide's duration at the and "pulling" it to the right, extending it to 00:09.
- An object's duration can also be dragged to stagger the initial appearance.
- Another way to adjust timing is through the Timing Inspector at the right of the slide window. This is often a more precise method. To have the SmartShape captions remain visible for the slide's duration, click the Display for menu and choose Rest of Slide.
- The Rest of Project option is useful for items such as logos or copyright statements that need to display from that point onward. When Rest of Project is selected, note the Place Object on Top option that prevents it from being covered by other objects on subsequent slides.