How to Add Vendors in QuickBooks
Once you finish your initial company setup with Express Start, you can add new vendors over time. Vendor information can be added through the Vendor Center, by importing from Microsoft Outlook or other programs, or by using the Quick Add feature as you record transactions. To add a vendor through the Vendor Center, follow these seven steps.This feature works the same in versions 2011–2016 of QuickBooks.
- Click the Vendors icon.
- In the Vendor Center, click New Vendor and select New Vendor.
- In the New Vendor dialog box, in the Vendor Name field, type the vendor name.
- On the Address Info tab, enter all available information about vendor name, addresses, and contact information.
- Select the Additional Info tab and enter vendor account number, vendor category, credit limit, and tax ID, and define custom fields if needed.
- Select the Account Prefill tab and select the accounts from your chart of accounts to prefill when recording transactions for the vendor, if known.
- To save the new vendor, click OK.