How to Add Slide Numbers Using the Slide Master in Microsoft PowerPoint
Using the Slide Number feature in conjunction with the slide master to control which slides show slide numbers is beneficial if your presentation has multiple slide layouts. To enable slide numbers in your PowerPoint presentation using the slide master follow these five steps.
This feature works the same in all modern versions of Microsoft PowerPoint: 2010, 2013, and 2016.
- On the View tab, in the Master Views group, click Slide Master.
- In the Slides pane, select the slide master or select the slide layout that you want to display numbers.
- On the Insert tab, click Header & Footer.
- Mark the Slide number check box.
- To apply numbering to only a selected slide layout, click Apply. To apply numbering to all masters and all layouts, click Apply to All.
Author: Dave Dunn
Dave Dunn, Webucator’s CEO, joined Webucator in 2009 after serving as a CFO and COO for numerous small and medium-sized companies, including Summit Software Company, Insight Research Group, Avalon Consulting, and HealthcareOne. Dave received his Bachelor of Arts from Hamilton College and his MBA from Syracuse University. He has served as Chairman of the Board of the Montessori School of Syracuse since 2001.