How to Add Images to Placeholders in Adobe Captivate
The themes in Captivate include layouts with image placeholders. We'll start by applying a theme and then inserting one of those layouts.
- To apply a theme to a project, go to the Tool Bar and click Themes.
- Click Yes in the resulting message.
- Add a slide using a specific layout by going to Insert > New Slide from > Content 03. There are other layouts with image placeholders that could also be used.
- Double-click + in the center of the placeholder.
- A dialog box will open prompting you to select an image from the Library. If the image isn't in the Library yet, click Import.
- Navigate to the image you wish to use, and click Open.
Author: Kate Cahill
Kate Cahill is a graphic designer, writer, and creative director who has developed content for print and web. As creative director, she has produced award-winning work for agencies focused on the pharmaceutical and health and beauty aid industries. She has also served as production manager, with responsibility for the successful fulfillment of long-run print contracts. Kate has been delivering training for Webucator clients since 2010. Her enthusiasm for cutting-edge technology, combined with hands-on practical experience, brings an added benefit to her classes. Kate teaches real-world techniques and integration of Adobe software, as well as Microsoft PowerPoint, to produce a fully developed and cohesive brand identity.