How to Add a Footer to a Microsoft PowerPoint Presentation
Add a footer to your PowerPoint slides to show date/time, slide number, and custom text.
This feature works the same in all modern versions of Microsoft PowerPoint: 2010, 2013, and 2016.
- On the Insert tab, in the Text group, click Header & Footer.
- In the Header and Footer dialog box, on the Slide tab, indicate the information to include in the footer.
- To include the date and time in the slide footer, mark the Date and time check box, select whether to Update automatically or to use a Fixed date, and then select the date/time format to use from the appropriate drop-down list.
- To include the slide number in the footer, mark the Slide number check box.
- To include custom text in the footer, mark the Footer check box and type the text in the associated field.
- If you want to hide the footer on the first slide, mark the Don't show on title slide check box.
- Click Apply to All to apply the footer to all slides or click Apply to apply it only to the selected slide(s).