How to Add a Filter to a Report in QuickBooks
QuickBooks includes report filters that let you set custom criteria for the transactions you want to include in a report. For example, you may want to include only certain accounts in your profit and loss report in order to analyze a specific type of income and expense. This can be accomplished using filters. To add a filter to a QuickBooks report, follow these six steps.This feature works the same in versions 2011–2016 of QuickBooks.
- From the report window, click Customize Report.
- In the Modify Report dialog box, select the Filters tab.
- In the Choose Filter section, from the Filter list box, select the desired filter. Criteria options for the selected filter load to the right of the list box.
- Specify the value(s) you want for the report. Notice that after you select a filter and specify its criteria, it is listed in the Current Filter Choices list box. You can remove a filter by selecting it in the list box and clicking Remove Selected Filter.
- To set additional filters, repeat steps 3 and 4.
- When you finish specifying filters, click OK. The report updates to reflect your filtering criteria. You can print or save the report as usual.