How to Add Customers in QuickBooks
Once you finish your initial company setup with Express Start, you can add new customers over time. Customer information can be added through the Customer Center, by importing from Microsoft Outlook and other programs, or by using the Quick Add feature as you record transactions. To add a customer through the Customer Center, follow these seven steps.This feature works the same in versions 2011–2016 of QuickBooks.
- Click the Customers icon.
- In the Customer Center, click New Customer & Job and select New Customer.
- In the New Customer dialog box, on the Address Info tab, enter customer name, addresses, and contact information.
- Select the Additional Info tab and enter details like customer category, payment terms, and price level, and define custom fields if needed.
- Select the Payment Info tab and enter customer account number, credit limit, and preferred payment method.
- Select the Job Info tab and enter details about job status, job dates, and job description, if applicable.
- To save the new customer, click OK.