You can use your Outlook Calendar to schedule an appointment, which does not involve inviting others, but will block out the time on your Outlook Calendar so those viewing it will see that you are busy at that time. To schedule an appointment in Outlook, follow these seven steps.
This feature works the same in all modern versions of Microsoft Outlook: 2010, 2013, and 2016.
- In Calendar view, from the Home tab, in the New group, select New Items and then Appointment.
- Enter the appointment's subject in the Subject field.
- Press Tab and then enter the appointment's location in the Location field.
- Set a start time using the Start time day and time drop-down arrows.
- Set an end time using the End time day and time drop-down arrows.
- Click Save & Close in the Actions group on the appointment tab of the Ribbon.
- The appointment now appears on your Calendar.