How to Access Windows Explorer in Windows 7
If you have worked with previous versions of Windows, you may be familiar with Windows Explorer, a way to browse and work with files and folders on your computer. To access Windows Explorer in Windows 7, follow these six steps.
- Right-click the Start menu button.
- Select Open Windows Explorer.
- In the Search Libraries text box in the upper-right corner of the window, enter your search term.
- You will notice the drop-down area that appears, allowing you to filter your search. If you want to add a filter, select the search filter to add and then select an option.
- This search is dynamic, meaning that as you type, results appear below.
- To select a file or folder from the search list, double-click it.
Author: Margaux Judge
Margaux Judge has worked as an e-learning editor and instructional designer for over ten years, writing and editing a wide variety of courses, from technical topics to soft skills. She has a Bachelor's degree in English and Textual Studies from Syracuse University and a Master's degree in Television Writing from Boston University.