SQL Server Reporting Services 2012 for Report Writers
In this SQL Server Reporting Services 2012 for Report Writers training class, students obtain a thorough understanding of how to create reports with SQL Server Reporting Services.
Public Classes: Delivered live online via WebEx and guaranteed to run . Join from anywhere!
Private Classes: Delivered at your offices , or any other location of your choice.
- Understand solutions and projects.
- Design basic reports.
- Enhance reports with formatting.
- Effectively group and summarize data.
- Work with parameterized reports.
- Incorporate charts and custom maps.
- Work with drillthrough reports.
- Manage reports.
- Utilize Report Builder.
- SSRS Overview and Tools
- Reporting Services Features
- Tools Available with SQL Server 2012
- SQL Server Documentation
- Working with Solutions and Projects
- Working with SQL Server Data Tools
- Understanding Solutions and Projects
- Working with the Visual Studio Interface
- Creating Basic Reports
- What is a Data Source?
- What is a Dataset?
- Using the Report Wizard
- What is Tablix?
- Creating a Tabular Report
- Creating a List Report
- What is a Matrix?
- Deploying a Project
- Formatting Reports
- Working with Text Boxes
- Rich Text Formatting
- Managing Text Boxes
- Drawing Lines and Boxes
- Page Headers and Footers
- Adding a Document Map
- Rendering Reports
- Custom Expressions
- Understanding Expressions
- Defining Expressions
- Working with Report Variables
- Understanding Lookup, LookupSet, and Multilookup Functions
- Expression Samples
- Summarizing and Sorting
- Creating Groups
- Parent/Child vs. Adjacent Groupings
- Adding Totals and Aggregations
- Creating Aggregates of Aggregates
- Add Flexibility with Parameters
- Adding Parameters to a Report
- Report Parameters vs. Query Parameters
- Manage Report Parameter Properties
- Use Parameters with SQL Queries and Stored Procedures
- Work with Cascading Parameters
- Sort Based on a Parameter Setting
- Filtered Reports
Time permitting, the following topics will also be covered:
- Enhanced Report Items
- Add a Map to a Report
- Data Bar, Indicator, and Sparkline Report Items
- Nesting Data Regions
- Subreports and Drillthrough Reports
- Working with Drillthrough Reports
- Using Report Manager
- Navigating Report Manager
- Understanding Permissions
- Viewing Reports
- Working with Shared Data Sources
- Managing Reports
- Using Report Builder for SQL Server 2012
- ClickOnce vs. Stand-alone
- Installing the Stand-alone Version
- Using the Report Builder Tool
- Creating Datasets
- Creating Reports
- Creating Reports Using Wizards
- Creating Reports Without a Wizard
- Opening Existing Reports
- Working with Report Parts
Each student in our Live Online and our Onsite classes receives a comprehensive set of materials, including course notes and all the class examples.
Experience in the following is required for this SSRS class:
- Students should be comfortable working in Windows and Excel.
Experience in the following would be useful for this SSRS class:
- Basic query skills and the ability to work with functions in Excel.