Power BI Essentials
- Analyze data with self-service BI.
- Connect to data sources.
- Perform data cleaning, profiling, and shaping.
- Visualize data with Power BI.
- Enhance data analysis by adding and customizing visual elements.
- Model data with calculations.
- Create interactive visualizations.
Public expert-led online training from the convenience of your home, office or anywhere with an internet connection. Guaranteed to run .
Private classes are delivered for groups at your offices or a location of your choice.
This Power BI class is designed for students who are new to Power BI or who have limited experience with the software. Students will learn Power BI fundamentals including building and sharing dashboards of data visualizations, connecting to various data sources, shaping and combining data, and working with reports.
This course is designed for professionals in a variety of job roles who are currently using desktop or web-based data management tools such as Microsoft Excel® or SQL Server® reporting services to perform numerical or general data analysis. They are responsible for connecting to cloud-based data sources, as well as shaping and combining data for the purpose of analysis. They are also looking for alternative ways to analyze business data, visualize insights, and share those insights with peers across the enterprise. This includes capturing and reporting on data to peers, executives, and clients.
- Analyzing Data with Self-Service BI
- Data Analysis and Visualization for Business Intelligence
- Self-Service BI with Microsoft Power BI
- Connecting to Data Sources
- Create Data Connections
- Configure and Manage Data Relationships
- Save Files in Power BI
- Performing Data Cleaning, Profiling, and Shaping
- Clean, Transform, and Load Data with the Query Editor
- Profile Data with the Query Editor
- Shape Data with the Query Editor
- Combine and Manage Data Rows
- Visualizing Data with Power BI
- Create Visualizations in Power BI
- Chart Data in Power BI
- Enhancing Data Analysis
- Customize Visuals and Pages
- Incorporate Tooltips
- Modeling Data with Calculations
- Create Calculations with Data Analysis Expressions (DAX)
- Create Calculated Measures and Conditional Columns
- Creating Interactive Visualizations
- Create and Manage Data Hierarchies
- TFilter and Slice Reports
- Create Dashboards
Each student in our Live Online and our Onsite classes receives a comprehensive set of materials, including course notes and all the class examples.
Experience in the following is required for this Microsoft Business Intelligence class:
- Experience managing data using a spreadsheet tool such as Microsoft Excel.
Register for a Live Class
Request a Private Class
- Private Class for your Team
- Online or On-location
- Expert Instructors