MOC 40008 - Updating your Database Skills to Microsoft SQL Server 2012
This Microsoft SQL Server 2012 instructor-led training provides existing SQL Server database professionals with the knowledge and skills to use new and enhanced capabilities in SQL Server 2012.
The course is intended for database professionals with experience of using SQL Server 2008 R2.
Microsoft Certified Partner
Webucator is a Microsoft Certified Partner for Learning Solutions (CPLS). This class uses official Microsoft courseware and will be delivered by a Microsoft Certified Trainer (MCT).
- Learn the key new and enhanced features in SQL Server 2012.
- Learn to install SQL Server 2012.
- Learn to use enhanced tools and PowerShell support to manage SQL Server 2012.
- Learn to use enhanced Transact-SQL and storage capabilities to develop SQL Server 2012 databases.
- Learn to use new and enhanced performance capabilities to optimize a SQL Server 2012 database.
- Learn to use new availability and data recovery technologies to provide high availability.
- Learn to use new and enhanced security capabilities in SQL Server 2012.
- Learn to use SQL Azure.
- Learn new Business Intelligence (BI) capabilities in SQL Server 2012.
- Introducing SQL Server 2012
- Overview of SQL Server 2012
- SQL Server 2012 Editions and Components
- Installing SQL Server 2012
- Installation Options and Requirements
- Installing SQL Server
- Deploying SQL Server in a Private Cloud
- Lab: Installing SQL Server
- Installing a SQL Server 2012 Named Instance
- Performing Post-Installation Setup and Checks
- Lab: Using a Data-Tier Application in a Private Cloud Scenario
- Creating a Data-Tier Application
- Deploying a Data-Tier Application
- Managing SQL Server 2012
- Enhancements to SQL Server Management Studio
- New and Enhanced Dynamic Management Views
- Using PowerShell to Manage SQL Server
- Lab: Managing SQL Server
- Using SQL Server Management Studio
- Using SQL Server Management Studio
- Developing SQL Server 2012 Databases
- Transact-SQL Enhancements
- New and Enhanced Transact-SQL Functions
- Enhancements to Spatial Data Support
- Storing and Querying Documents
- Lab: Developing SQL Server Databases
- Using Sequence Objects
- Using the THROW Statement
- Implementing Paging
- Querying Documents
- Performance and Tuning Enhancements
- Performance Optimization Tools
- Enhancements to Indexing
- Lab: Optimizing SQL Server Performance
- Creating a Columnstore Index
- Using a Columnstore Index
- Updating a Table with a Columnstore Index
- High Availability and Data Recovery Enhancements
- AlwaysOn High Availability
- Enhancemenst to Data Recovery
- Lab: Using AlwaysOn Availability Groups
- Creating an AlwaysOn Availability Group
- Using an AlwaysOn Availability Group
- Observing Availability Group Failover Behavior
- Implementing Security in Microsoft SQL Server 2012
- Security Management Enhancements
- Contained Databases
- Lab: Implementing Security
- Implementing user-Defined Server Roles
- Implementing Contained Databases
- Extending Data Solutions to the Cloud
- Introduction to SQL Azure
- Working with SQL Azure
- Lab: Using SQL Azure
- Creating a Database in SQL Azure
- Using SQL Server Management Studio with SQL Azure
- Overview of BI Enhancements in SQL Server 2012
- SQL Server 2012 for Data Warehousing
- SQL Server 2012 for Business Intelligence
- Lab: Exploring BI Features
- Using PowerPivot
- Using Power View
Each student in our Live Online and our Onsite classes receives a comprehensive set of materials, including course notes and all the class examples.
Experience in the following is required for this SQL Server class:
- Experience of creating and managing database solutions in SQL Server, including basic Transact-SQL programming.