MOC 20467D - Designing Business Intelligence Solutions with Microsoft SQL Server 2014
This five-day Designing Business Intelligence Solutions with Microsoft SQL Server 2014 training class teaches database and business intelligence (BI) professionals how to plan and design a BI solution that is based on Microsoft SQL Server 2014 and other Microsoft BI technologies. This course is intended for BI professionals with experience implementing solutions with SQL Server database Engine, SQL Server Integration Services, SQL Server Analysis Services, and SQL Server Reporting Services.
Microsoft Certified Partner
Webucator is a Microsoft Certified Partner for Learning Solutions (CPLS). This class uses official Microsoft courseware and will be delivered by a Microsoft Certified Trainer (MCT).
Public Classes: Delivered live online via WebEx and guaranteed to run . Join from anywhere!
Private Classes: Delivered at your offices , or any other location of your choice.
- Learn to plan a BI solution.
- Learn to plan SQL Server BI infrastructure.
- Learn to design a data warehouse.
- Learn to design an extract, transform and load (ETL) solution.
- Learn to design analytical data models.
- Learn to plan a BI delivery solution.
- Learn to design a Reporting Services solution.
- Learn to design a Microsoft Excel-based reporting solution.
- Learn to plan a SharePoint Server BI solution.
- Learn to monitor and optimize a BI solution.
- Learn to operate a BI solution.
Planning a BI Delivery Solution
- Planning a BI Solution
- Elements of a BI Solution
- Planning a BI Project
- The Microsoft BI Platform
- Lab: Planning BI Solutions
- Planning SQL Server Business Intelligence Infrastructure
- Considerations of BI Infrastructure
- Planning Data Warehouse Hardware
- Lab: Planning BI Infrastructure
- Designing a Data Warehouse
- Data Warehouse Design Overview
- Designing Dimension Tables
- Design FACT tables
- Lab: Designing a Data Warehouse Logical Schema
- Designing an ETL solution
- ETL Overview
- Planning for Data Extraction
- Planning for Data Transformations
- Planning for Data Loading
- Lab: Designing an ETL Solution
- Designing Analytical Data Models
- Introduction to Analytical data Models
- Designing Analytical Data Models
- Lab: Designing Analytical Data Model
- Lab: Designing Dimensions and Hierarchies
Designing a Reporting Services Solution
- Considerations for BI delivery
- Common Reporting Scenarios
- Choosing a Reporting Tool
- Lab: Planning a BI Delivery Solution
Designing an Excel Based reporting Solution
- Planning a Reporting Solution
- Designing Reports
- Planning Report Consistency
- Lab: Designing a Reporting Services Solution
Planning a SharePoint Server BI Solution
- Using Excel for Data Reporting and Analysis
- PowerPivot in Excel
- Power View in Excel
- Lab: Designing and Excel Reporting Solution
Monitoring and Optimizing a BI Solution
- Introduction to SharePoint Server as a BI Platform
- Planning Security for a SharePoint Server BI Solution
- Planning Reporting Services Configuration
- Planning PowerPivot Configuration
- Planning for PerformancePoint Services
- Lab: Implementing a SharePoint Server BI Solution
- Lab: Implementing PerformancePoint Services
Operating a BI Solution
- Overview of BI Monitoring
- Monitoring and Optimizing the Data Warehouse
- Monitoring and Analyzing Analysis Services
- Monitoring and Optimizing Reporting Services
- Lab: Monitoring and Optimizing a BI Solution
- Overview of BI Operations
- ETL Operations
- Data Warehouse Operations
- Analysis Services Operations
- Reporting Services Operations
- Lab: Operating a BI Solution
Each student in our Live Online and our Onsite classes receives a comprehensive set of materials, including course notes and all the class examples.
Experience in the following is required for this SQL Server class:
- Knowledge of data warehousing and data modeling principles.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Excel and Microsoft SharePoint Server 2013.
Courses that can help you meet these prerequisites: