MOC 20467D - Designing Business Intelligence Solutions with Microsoft SQL Server 2014
This five-day Designing Business Intelligence Solutions with Microsoft SQL Server 2014 training classteaches database and business intelligence (BI) professionals how to plan and design a BI solution that is based on Microsoft SQL Server 2014 and other Microsoft BI technologies. This course is not designed for students who are new to SQL Server 2014 BI technologies; it is targeted at BI professionals with experience of implementing solutions with SQL Server database Engine, SQL Server Integration Services, SQL Server Analysis Services, and SQL Server Reporting Services.
- Learn to plan a BI solution.
- Learn to plan SQL Server BI infrastructure.
- Learn to design a data warehouse.
- Learn to design an extract, transform and load (ETL) solution.
- Learn to design analytical data models.
- Learn to plan a BI delivery solution.
- Learn to design a Reporting Services solution.
- Learn to design a Microsoft Excel-based reporting solution.
- Learn to plan a SharePoint Server BI solution.
- Learn to monitor and optimize a BI solution.
- Learn to operate a BI solution.
Planning a BI Delivery Solution
- Planning a BI Solution
- Elements of a BI Solution
- Planning a BI Project
- The Microsoft BI Platform
- Lab: Planning BI Solutions
- Planning SQL Server Business Intelligence Infrastructure
- Considerations of BI Infrastructure
- Planning Data Warehouse Hardware
- Lab: Planning BI Infrastructure
- Designing a Data Warehouse
- Data Warehouse Design Overview
- Designing Dimension Tables
- Design FACT tables
- Lab: Designing a Data Warehouse Logical Schema
- Designing an ETL solution
- ETL Overview
- Planning for Data Extraction
- Planning for Data Transformations
- Planning for Data Loading
- Lab: Designing an ETL Solution
- Designing Analytical Data Models
- Introduction to Analytical data Models
- Designing Analytical Data Models
- Lab: Designing Analytical Data Model
- Lab: Designing Dimensions and Hierarchies
Designing a Reporting Services Solution
- Considerations for BI delivery
- Common Reporting Scenarios
- Choosing a Reporting Tool
- Lab: Planning a BI Delivery Solution
Designing an Excel Based reporting Solution
- Planning a Reporting Solution
- Designing Reports
- Planning Report Consistency
- Lab: Designing a Reporting Services Solution
Planning a SharePoint Server BI Solution
- Using Excel for Data Reporting and Analysis
- PowerPivot in Excel
- Power View in Excel
- Lab: Designing and Excel Reporting Solution
Monitoring and Optimizing a BI Solution
- Introduction to SharePoint Server as a BI Platform
- Planning Security for a SharePoint Server BI Solution
- Planning Reporting Services Configuration
- Planning PowerPivot Configuration
- Planning for PerformancePoint Services
- Lab: Implementing a SharePoint Server BI Solution
- Lab: Implementing PerformancePoint Services
Operating a BI Solution
- Overview of BI Monitoring
- Monitoring and Optimizing the Data Warehouse
- Monitoring and Analyzing Analysis Services
- Monitoring and Optimizing Reporting Services
- Lab: Monitoring and Optimizing a BI Solution
- Overview of BI Operations
- ETL Operations
- Data Warehouse Operations
- Analysis Services Operations
- Reporting Services Operations
- Lab: Operating a BI Solution
Each student in our Live Online and our Onsite classes receives a comprehensive set of materials, including course notes and all the class examples.
Experience in the following is required for this SQL Server class:
- Knowledge of data warehousing and data modeling principles.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Excel and Microsoft SharePoint Server 2013.
Courses that can help you meet these prerequisites:
Preparing for Class