MOC 10998 - Updating Your Skills to SQL Server 2017
This Updating Your Skills to SQL Server 2017 training class is aimed at database professionals looking to update their skills to cover SQL Server 2017.
The primary audience for this course is existing database professionals with experience of SQL Server 2016 who want to update their skills to SQL Server 2017. The secondary audience is existing SQL Server 2016 MCSAs who want to prepare for the Upgrade exam for SQL Server 2017 certification.
Microsoft Certified Partner
Webucator is a Microsoft Certified Partner for Learning Solutions (CPLS). This class uses official Microsoft courseware and will be delivered by a Microsoft Certified Trainer (MCT).
- Learn to describe key capabilities and components of SQL Server 2017.
- Learn to describe new and enhanced features in SQL Server Performance, Availability, and Scalability.
- Learn to describe new and enhanced features in SQL Server data access.
- Learn to describe new and enhanced features in SQL Server reporting and BI.
- Learn to describe new and enhanced features in SQL Server OLAP.
- Learn to describe new and enhanced data analytics features.
- Learn to describe new and enhanced features in SQL Server Cloud deployments.
- Learn to describe SQL Server on Linux functionality .
- Introduction to SQL Server 2017
- Overview of SQL Server 2017
- Functionality across versions
- What’s new in SQL Server Performance, Scalability, and Availability.
- Adaptive query processing
- Automatic tuning
- Availability Scalability
- Lab: Performance and availability – adaptive query processing
- Interleaved execution
- Batch mode memory grant feedback
- Batch mode adaptive joins
- What’s New in SQL Server Data Access
- SQL Graph
- Lab: SQL Graph
- Create a Graph database
- Query a Graph database
- What’s new in SQL Server Reporting and BI
- Power BI report Server
- Reporting Services update
- Lab: Reporting and BI
- Deploy Power BI report server
- Add commenting to a report
- New and Enhanced Features in SQL Server Analysis Services
- Tabular model updates
- Lab: Ragged hierarchies
- View existing reports
- Hide blank members
- New and Enhanced data Analytics Features
- New and enhanced data analytics features
- Lab: Data analytics with Python
- Enable external script execution
- Run Python scripts
- What’s new in SQL Server in the Cloud
- Azure SQL database features
- Managed Instances
- Lab: Managed instances
- SQL Server on Linux
- SQL Server on Linux
- Deploying SQL Server on Linux
- Lab: SQL Server in Docker containers
- Deploy a SQL Server Docker image
- Run a SQL Server instance inside a Docker container
- Connect to a SQL Server Instance running in a Docker container
Each student in our Live Online and our Onsite classes receives a comprehensive set of materials, including course notes and all the class examples.
Experience in the following is required for this SQL Server class:
Preparing for Class
- Experience of building and managing database, data warehouse, and business intelligence (BI) solutions with SQL Server 2016.
- Familiarity with the Windows Server 2016 operating system and networking.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office 2016. .