MOC 10988 - Managing SQL Business Intelligence Operations
This Managing SQL Business Intelligence Operations training class is aimed at database professionals who manage Business Intelligence (BI) operations. This course looks at various ways business users can analyze data and share their findings, starting with managed BI data sources and expanding to personal and external/public data sources.
The target audience for this course is business intelligence professionals, but it is also appropriate for technically proficient business users.
Microsoft Certified Partner
Webucator is a Microsoft Certified Partner for Learning Solutions (CPLS). This class uses official Microsoft courseware and will be delivered by a Microsoft Certified Trainer (MCT).
- Learn to describe key features of a self-service BI solution.
- Learn to describe the key capabilities of SQL Server BI in a SharePoint environment.
- Learn to describe common Analysis Services operational tasks.
- Learn to describe PowerPivot for SharePoint server.
- Learn to describe Power Query.
- Learn to describe Windows Azure HDInsight.
- Introduction to Microsoft SQL Server BI Solution
- Overview of self-service BI
- Considerations of self-service BI
- Microsoft tools for self-service BI
- Lab: Exploring an enterprise BI solution
- SQL Server BI Features with Microsoft SharePoint
- Capabilities of Power BI with SharePoint
- SharePoint with analysis services
- SharePoint with reporting services
- Deploying SQL server BI in a SharePoint environment
- Lab: Design a SQL Server BI infrastructure
- Operating Analysis Services
- Configuring an analysis services server
- Tuning an analysis services server
- Analysis services security
- Analysis services high availability and disaster recovery
- Lab: Configuring analysis services
- Supporting Analysis Services
- Testing analysis services cubes
- Tuning analysis services
- Maintaining analysis services
- Lab: Supporting Analysis Services
- Operate and Support Reporting services
- Installing a native mode report server
- Installing reporting services with SharePoint
- Reporting services with Microsoft Azure virtual machines
- Reporting services errors
- Lab: Installing reporting services
- Share PowerPivot Workbooks in SharePoint Server
- PowerPivot for SharePoint
- Install and configure PowerPivot for SharePoint
- Lab: Install PowerPivot for SharePoint
- Operate and Support Power BI
- Power BI desktop
- Mobile Power BI
- Lab: Using Power BI
Each student in our Live Online and our Onsite classes receives a comprehensive set of materials, including course notes and all the class examples.
Experience in the following is required for this SQL Server class:
Preparing for Class
- Experience of building and managing database, data warehouse, and business intelligence (BI) solutions with SQL Server 2008.
- Familiarity with the Windows Server 2012 operating system and networking.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Excel and Microsoft SharePoint Server 2013.